STELFAST® GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SALE OF GOODS
(a) The goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer’s purchase order, subject to availability of the Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss, or damage in transit.
(b) Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer’s purchase order.
(c) Seller does not certify to customer part numbers.
(a) The quantity of any installment of Goods as recorded by Seller on dispatch from Seller’s place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
(b) The Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller’s negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within five days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
(c) Any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
(a) Container quantities listed in Seller’s catalog are for reference purposes only. Actual quantities may differ and should be confirmed at the time of order placement.
(b) If Seller delivers to Buyer a quantity of Goods of up to 10% more or less than the quantity set forth in the Sales Confirmation, Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any portion of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such Goods the price set forth in the Sales Confirmation adjusted pro rata.
5. Shipping Terms. Seller shall make delivery in accordance with the terms on the face of the Sales Confirmation.
6. Amendment and Modification. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
7. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods.
(a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods within 10 days of receipt (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as reasonably required by Seller. “Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (i) the product shipped is different than identified in Seller’s Sales Confirmation; or (ii) the product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents.
(b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods a location designated by Seller. If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer’s shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer’s expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods.
(c) BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN SECTION 7(b) ARE BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF NONCONFORMING GOODS. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED UNDER SECTION 7(b) OR SECTION 7(D), ALL SALES OF GOODS TO BUYER ARE MADE ON A ONE-WAY BASIS AND BUYER HAS NO RIGHT TO RETURN GOODS PURCHASED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO SELLER.
(d) Additional Returns. No other returns will be accepted without an authorization number provided by customer service where goods were purchased from. Returned goods must be in original containers. A 15% restocking charge will apply. Products which are modified or altered in any way by sources other than Seller are not returnable. Orders for special items or non-standard products cannot be cancelled, and are not subject for return.
(a) Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the prices (the “Prices”) set forth in the Sales Confirmation. If the Prices should be increased by Seller before delivery of the Goods to a carrier for shipment to Buyer, then Seller shall notify Buyer of the increase in Prices and Buyer may, within five days, notify Seller that it desires to cancel the order. If Buyer does not cancel the order pursuant to the immediately preceding sentence, then these Terms and the Sales Confirmation shall be construed as if the increased prices were originally inserted in the Agreement, and Buyer shall be billed by, and shall pay, Seller on the basis of such increased prices.
(b) All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use, and excise taxes, all tariffs (including antidumping and countervailing duties or tariffs), and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind (including interest and penalties) imposed by any governmental authority on any amounts payable by Buyer or arising in connection with the sale of the Goods to Buyer (collectively the “Taxes”). Buyer shall be responsible for all such Taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller’s income, revenues, or gross receipts. If any governmental authority requires that Seller pay any Tax that is the responsibility of Buyer pursuant to this Section 8(b), Buyer shall promptly reimburse Seller for all amounts so required to be paid by Seller and for all of Seller’s costs with respect thereto.
9. Payment Terms.
(a) Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within the period specified in the Sales Confirmation. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder by check or wire transfer and in US dollars.
(b) Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for five days following written notice thereof.
(c) Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy, or otherwise.
1. Applicability. (a) These terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms”), together with the order acknowledgement (the “Sales Confirmation”) sent by Stelfast Inc. (“Seller”), are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods (“Goods”) by Seller to the purchaser of the Goods (“Buyer”) set forth in the Sales Confirmation (as defined below). (b) The Terms and the Sales Confirmation (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Agreement prevails over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer’s order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms. (c) Upon Seller’s issuance of a Sales Confirmation, Buyer’s order cannot be cancelled. If Buyer cancels an order or refuses to accept shipment it shall be liable to Seller for, and shall promptly pay to Seller all amounts incurred by Seller with respect to, all damages, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and collection costs, incurred by Seller as a result of such cancellation.
11. Limitation of Liability.
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, OR PROFIT, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER OR BUYER HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER.
12. Indemnity. Buyer shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Seller and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including professional fees and reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out the use or misuse of the Goods by Buyer or any direct or indirect customer of Buyer.
13. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (a) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement and such failure continues for five days after Buyer’s receipt of written notice of nonpayment; (b) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (c) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy, or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization, or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
14. Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
15. Force Majeure. The Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
16. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
17. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture, or other form of joint enterprise, employment, or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
18. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
19. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Ohio.
20. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Ohio in each case located in Cuyahoga County, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
21. Waiver of Jury Trial. BUYER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY THAT MAY ARISE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS LIKELY TO INVOLVE COMPLICATED AND DIFFICULT ISSUES AND, THEREFORE, BUYER IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LEGAL ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
22. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
23. Typographical Errors. Typographical and clerical errors in the Sales Confirmation and in any other document issued by Seller are subject to correction.
10. Limited Warranty. (a) Seller warrants to Buyer that for a period of 90 days from the date of shipment of the Goods (“Warranty Period”), that such Goods will be free from any material nonconformance with any specification accepted in writing by Seller. (b) EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(a), SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (i) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (ii) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (iii) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE. (c) The Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 10(a) unless: (i) Buyer gives written notice of the defect, reasonably described, to Seller within 10 days of the time when Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect; (ii) Seller is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice to examine such Goods and Buyer (if requested to do so by Seller) returns such Goods to Seller’s place of business at Seller’s cost for the examination to take place there; and (iii) Seller reasonably verifies Buyer’s claim that the Goods are defective. (d) The Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 10(a) if: (i) Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving such notice; (ii) the defect arises because Buyer failed to follow Seller’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use, or maintenance of the Goods; or (iii) Buyer alters or repairs such Goods without the prior written consent of Seller. (e) Subject to Section 10(c) and Section 10(d), with respect to any such Goods during the Warranty Period, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace such Goods or (ii) credit or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata contract rate provided that, if Seller so requests, Buyer shall, at Seller’s expense, return such Goods to Seller. (f) THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(e) SHALL BE THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SELLER’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(a).